Managing Your GoDaddy Email
GoDaddy email Accounts
Become an Expert at GoDaddy Email Account Management
Manage your GoDaddy Email, Calendar, and Online File Folder accounts in a few simple clicks.
Account management is effortless with the Email Control Center’s intuitive design and user-friendly technology.
The GoDaddy Email Control Center lets you set up new accounts for your Email products and update existing account preferences. Quickly update your mailbox size, SMTP Relay settings, and password information. Or add an Auto Responder your email account so all of your senders receive an instant greeting. In addition, you can modify the email addresses associated with your Calendar or Online File Folder accounts.
What is Email?
Electronic mail, email, is the method of composing, sending, receiving, and storing messages over an electronic communication system. With email, it’s possible for people across the Internet to communicate with one another in virtually instantaneous fashion.
Setting Up Free and Paid Email Accounts
You may have received free email credits with your domain purchase or purchased an email plan to fit your personal or business needs. Either way, setting up your new GoDaddy email account in the Email Control Center (ECC) is a snap. Follow these simple steps, and you’ll be sending and receiving email messages in no time!
If you want to use a free email credit, and the Email/Email
Forwarding option does not display in your My Products area, click
Free Product List and then select Email Account List. Then click Use
Credit and from the list on the right, select the domain you want to
use and click Continue. The account displays as a new account in the
Email Account list.
To Set Up Your GoDaddy Email Account
1. Log in to your Account Manager.
2. In the My Products section, click Email.
3. Click Setup Account for the account you want to manage.
4. (Optional) To use a free email credit when the Email option does not display in your
My Products section, click Free Products, and then click Email Account List.
Click Use Credit and select the domain you want to use from the list. Click Continue and the account displays as a new account in the Email Account List.
5.Click the Setup Account hyperlink. The You have new or un-used email plans! Pop-up displays. Click the Add Address button. Click the Add button for the account you want to set up.
6. The Create Mailbox page displays. On the Settings tab, in the Email Address fields, enter the user name and domain you want to use. In the Set Password and Confirm Password fields, enter and confirm your password.
7. Specify the amount of mailbox storage space you want to assign to your email account in the Space for this mailbox area.
8. (Optional) select Make this mailbox a catchall.
9. Catchall accounts automatically forward email messages sent to an unknown address at your domain to this account.
10. Click OK.
After you set up your Email account, you can manage your settings to make the most of your mailbox. In this section, you’ll learn about:
• Setting Up Email Forwarding — You can set up email forwarding to direct incoming messages from one email address to another existing email address.
• Adding an Auto Reponder — You can set up an Auto Responder to send an automatic response to senders.
• Updating SMTP Relay Settings — You can change the amount of SMTP Relays available to your email address each day, and purchase additional relays.